Monday, December 29, 2008

Attention turns to New Year's Day

By TERRY R. CASSREINO


MADISON, Miss. (Monday, Dec. 29, 2008, 11:15 a.m.) – Now that Christmas is over, Pam, Camryn, Matthew and I are busy preparing for the New Year.


Nope, we won’t be hitting the clubs or the party circuit on New Year’s Eve. It’s possible we might travel to Slidell – but that’s pretty iffy at the moment.


Actually, if I do travel to Slidell I will have to spend some time shopping for Carnival and the Krewe of Endymion.


I ride in Endymion, the largest Carnival organization in New Orleans with more than 2,500 members. The parade attracts 1 million-plus people to the streets of New Orleans; I’m on Float 7-A this year.


I already bought the majority of my beads; now I need stuffed animals and other throws. And if we head to Slidell this weekend, I may try to complete my parade shopping for this year’s event.


The parade, of course, is just one part of the next two months. Pam and I will attend the Endymion coronation ball on Jan. 31, the open house at our den Feb. 7 and the Endymion Extravaganza the night of the parade Feb. 21.


We also plan to take Camryn and Matthew to New Orleans for the parades. Camryn absolutely loves Carnival parades; it will be interesting to see what Matthew thinks.



No comments:

Post a Comment