Friday, April 7, 2006

Next stop: Guangzhou, China

Saturday, April 8, 2006, 8:05 a.m.

By Terry R. Cassreino

NANCHANG, China - Today is moving day.
This likely will be our last post from the beautiful city of Nanchang as Pam, Camryn and I prepare for our flight to Guangzhou. We will leave the hotel for the airport at about 1:30 p.m., take a 3:15 p.m. flight and arrive in Guangzhou about two hours later.
My best guess is that we will be in our hotel, the White Swan, somewhere between 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. today. And then we will begin the final leg of paperwork that will enable us to bring Camryn home to Mississippi.
I'm hoping that in between official meetings and such that Pam, Camryn and I will have time to visit and explore the city.
I'm told that the shopping is very good in Guangzhou. In fact, after discussing things with the Holt International Children's Services staff, here we decided to wait to buy Chinese dresses until we arrived in Guangzhou.
At any rate, it's a quiet morning in our room. The air conditioning, which had come back on in full blast, died again in the middle of the night. And Camryn has slept pretty much all through the night except for one or two brief interruptions.
Oh, by the way, that deal I wrote about $20 massages - yeah, right. Remind me and when I return home I'll tell you the real story.
Until then, I'll leave you with this photo of me and Camryn on the steps of the Tengwan Pavilion on Friday. Pam snapped this nice photo.
Photo and text copyright 2006 by Terry R. Cassreino.

No comments:

Post a Comment