Thursday, April 6, 2006

Life with air conditioning continues

Thursday, April 6, 2006, 3:51 p.m.

By Terry R. Cassreino


NANCHANG, China - Thank God the weather cooled and the humidity is low because we still have no air conditioning in our hotel room - and may not before we leave here on Saturday.
The air conditioning went out two nights ago.
And even though I have complained to the front desk, I don't think they understand English well enough to understand that Pam, Camryn and I are uncomfortably hot in our hotel room. I certainly don't know enough Mandarin to explain it so they understand.
Oh well, such is life. We did make a bit of headway with our problem: The front desk set us a fan to help cool the room. A fan. Hmmm. That should help lower the temperature of our room by a degree or two.
I guess we should be happy we aren't stuck in a hotel without air conditioning in the dead of summer in New Orleans.

Copyright 2006 by Terry R. Cassreino.

No comments:

Post a Comment