Monday, April 10, 2006

Camryn's Corner

Monday, April 10, 2006

By Pam Cassreino

GUANGZHOU, China - One week ago today I met my daughter Camryn for the first time. So much has happened since then. Camryn first came to us a scared and confused little girl. She is now a happy and content little angel. Once she would not let T get near her without crying. Once she would not smile no matter how hard we tried. Now she loves to play "peek a boo" with T and goes into hysterics laughing when he jumps out from behind the wall in our room.
At one time she would absolutely refuse to play with her toys when I intiated. She would only pick them up when I was not looking. Today, she loves for T and I to play with her and her toys.

I find out something new about Camryn each day. For example, she loves to eat noodles, congee, and steamed egg, all of which I know how to make. Her favorite word is "da-da". She loves to eat in restaraunts and behaves exceptionally well. And she will ride all afternoon in a stroller without ever making a sound, except maybe "da-da".

There are sacrifices you make when you become a mother. You know, I love earrings, especially the dangly ones. I have not gotten to wear any all week. You mothers out there know why. I eat meals in random bites while I am feeding Camryn and making sure no dishes go flying across the room. I am now responsible for bathing two people, one of which screams her lungs out while in the process. I don't even use a normal purse any more. How sad. My new purse is baby pink and has "Precious Moments" characters on the front. It does have many zipper compartments and elastic bands that hold three bottles quite securely. I can even toss my lip gloss and some gum in there.

Thank you for letting me share my personal thoughts about Camryn, my new daughter.
I would also like to thank all our friends and family for reading our daily blog and participating in this personal journey with us.

Copyright 2006 by Terry R. Cassreino.

1 comment:

  1. Pam you and Terry need to make a book out of your trip to get precious Camryn. I am sure it would be a number 1 best seller. I know these last weeks I cannot wait until you all post something new on this web. Love Maw Maw Gay

    ReplyDelete